Sunday 31 May 2009

Early Morning Call.




Since my posting on Thursday I've been in a Vodaphone black spot,so I have not been able to get online.
So Friday we were woken up by voices out side the porthole. When I looked out a man from one of the boats was hauling on our centre mooring rope. I slipped on my dressing gown and went to investigate. It seems a gang of boys had gone down the towpath pulling out mooring pins,causing us to drift out from the bank.When challenged by one of the boaters they legged it.
At 10-00hrs we set off for Burton-on-Trent. The locks on this stretch are narrow lock, just a few inches wider than the boat. Moored near Branston Water Park. According to my Nicholson guide this is where the famous pickle originated.
Saturday: We didn't move today, just looked round the village of Branston and the water Park.Had a lunch time drink at the Bridge Inn. After lunch we planted some Strawberry plants and some more flowers.
Today we moved about two mile up the canal to Barton-Under-Needwood, Only two locks, a quiet day. This evening we walked into the Village and back,a lovely little village. There is only one fly in the ointment, that's the A38 trunk road right next to the towpath,another noisy night. They should ban traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment