Monday 26 March 2012

Heading back to Barton.

On the Sunday morning Doublefracture came out of the water and I went into Stafford to catch a train to Pamela's to see the new arrival. I stayed until the following Saturday while the boat was blacked. Yesterday they lowered it back into the water and by ten past ten I was on my way back to Barton. It was a bright sunny day and I made good time, arriving at Great Haywood for lunch. After lunch I carried on passing through Colwich and Wolseley Bridge. Finally after four hours cruising I moored at Rugeley for the night. This morning I left the mooring while the frost was still on the roof,stopping near the Ash Tree Inn for water. While the tank was filling I did what little washing I had. Setting off again with a full tank and some clean washing,I was entering the narrow section that was the old Armitage tunnel a boat started from the other end so I had to reverse and wait my turn. Mooring at bridge fifty five I put the washing out to dry, then had a coffee. It is now two o clock, the washing is dry,I have had lunch and am about to set off again heading for Fradley Junction.

No comments:

Post a Comment