Friday 13 April 2012

It's a small world.

I didn't moor in Fradley on my way back to the Marina, instead I carried on to Alrewas, ofcouse I had no signal there to do another posting. The following day I arrived back at the Marina and was so busy making arrangements to return to Pamela's I clean forgot to keep you up to date. The next week we spent with Pamela,Archie and the new baby as Nathan had no time off until good Friday. We finally returned to the boat on Thursday the 5th of April. That night Marlene and I went to the Thia restaurant on the Marina to celebrate our 43rd wedding anniversary. On Sunday the 8th we left the Marina heading for Alrewas. Being Easter Sunday it was busy with boats going in both directions, at the first lock( Wychnor lock)we had to queue to get through. Sometime this is a good thing as it gives you time to talk to other boaters and find out about any problems in other areas. We decided not to go all the way to Alrewas and moored just above Wychnor Lock for the night. It rained all day Monday so we stopped where we were,we were in no hurry as we are killing time until the 16th when I have a doctors appointment in Barton for my annual Asthma check up. Next morning we completed the journey and moored above the lock in Alrewas. A sunny morning on Wednesday persuaded me to touch up the paint on the gunwale. Sometime in the future I will have to do the other side.Leaving the mooring yesterday morning we went through to the winding hole at the other end of the village to turn round,we were not alone three more boats did the same. Arriving back at the lock we once more joined the queue. Last night we moored between bridge 39 and the Marina. As I was writing this the people who helped us when Marlene fell in last year have just past us in their boat As it Comes,it's a small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment