Tuesday 13 March 2012

Nature at it's best.

I woke this morning to the sound of pheasants calling, then a member of the crow family. Sliding back the hatch I looked out at a misty but reasonably warm morning. In the tree to the left of the boat a squirrel dashed along a branch. Ducking back in I quickly showered and had breakfas,keen to be on the move. Cruising slowly along I could hear the morning bird song. In the first half hour I had seen a variety of small birds including Chaffinches, Great Tits, Blue Tits, Robins and Black Birds. Then off to my right I caught a flash of colour and to my surprise it was a Bull Finch. So to all those people who preach doom and gloom,saying our native birds are disappearing, I say take a early morning cruise on the canal. Later in the journey I came to the other side of canal travel, passing through Handsacre and Armitage,passing under the rail bridge with the Virgin high speed trains every ten to fifteen minutes. On the whole though I had a pleasant two hour cruise, arriving in Rugeley at 11-o-clock, just in time for coffee. This afternoon the sun is out,a nice warm spring day. I am staying here tonight as I am meeting my Diesel man here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment